Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Writing, Writing, Writing...

Yes, my friends, I write every day now. I am down to the wire and have two weeks to finish
my book. Actually, my class ends in two weeks, but I will continue writing when the class ends.
As of this moment, I've written thirteen chapters. There are twelve more to go. I write every day,
I already said that, right? Please excuse the redundancy, but I am going to write this blog without
too many edits. Let's see how far I get.



As most of you know, my days are filled with middle school angst. I am surrounded by sixth,
seventh, and eighth grade students who require a little assistance navigating their way through
the social world. It is a wonderfully fulfilling job. However, after a full time job, some of it at
the computer, I return home around five o'clock to begin writing, and well, you can see I have
some pretty long days. Last night I wrote and edited for four hours after work. My head spun
with clicks and clacks from the keyboard as soon as it hit the pillow. I got up and meditated for
awhile to unwind and tried again with little success.

Tonight is class, a one hour telephone conference with some impressive women. It is an honor
to get to know these women, who like me, are stretching their wings and writing. This has been
a great ride and I highly recommend it to anyone who thinks they have a story to tell or a
strategy to share. It's a lot of work, a huge commitment. But, that commitment is to yourself.
It is a sacrifice to achieve your dream. Go for it, talk to your family and ask for support. It is
worth it; you are worth it.
And oh, the people you'll meet...


No comments:

Post a Comment